Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, June 7, 2019
North Market Hearing Rm 102
1625 North Market
Sacramento, CA 95834
DCA DOI- Valencia Field Office
MBC Conference Room, Dist. 05
27202 Turnberry Lane, Ste 280
Valencia, CA 91355
Pima Medical Institute
111 Campus Way, Suite 100, Rm 125
San Marcos, CA 92078
South San Francisco Grand Library
Grand Meeting Room
306 Walnut Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Newly revised attachment for Agenda Item 5: Proposed Regulatory Language for Approval: Amend Disciplinary Guidelines, Substantial Relationship Criteria (for Licensees), Rehabilitation Criteria (for Licensees), Driving Record and Handling of Military Applications; Add Substantial Relationship Criteria for Applicants and Rehabilitation Criteria for Applicants (AB 2138); Repeal Sponsored Event Provisions
10:00 a.m. - Call to Order, Establishment of Quorum
- President's Opening Remarks
- New Member Introduction: Sherleen Bose, BA, RCP, RRT, CHT
- Public Comment: Public comment will be accepted after each agenda item and toward the end of the agenda for public comment not related to any particular agenda item. The President may set a time limit, as needed.
- March 1, 2019 Meeting Minutes (Approval)
- New Legislation of Interest- Members to review and take formal positions on legislation of interest to the Board such as watch, support or oppose and/or take other action as appropriate.
AB 613 (Lowe): Professions and vocations: regulatory fees
SB 53 (Wilk): Open Meetings
HR 2508 Breathe Act
- Legislative Update – Members to review status updates for the following bills to which they have already taken a position, and take any action as appropriate
AB 193 (Patterson): Professions and vocations (licensing requirements)
AB 241 (Kamalager-Dove): Implicit bias: continuing education: requirements
AB 476 (BlancaRubio): DCA Taskforce, foreign-trained professionals
AB 496 (Low): DCA audit reporting, gender terminology
SB 181 (Chang): Healing arts boards, license display in office
SB 207 (Hurtado): Medi-Cal, asthma prevention services
- Proposed Regulatory Language for Approval: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Respiratory Care - Review proposed regulatory text and determine to move forward with the regulatory process or take other action as appropriate. Language ratifies the RCB and BVNPT Joint Statement Disseminated April 2019.
- Proposed Regulatory Language for Approval: Amend Disciplinary Guidelines, Substantial Relationship Criteria (for Licensees), Rehabilitation Criteria (for Licensees), Driving Record and Handling of Military Applications; Add Substantial Relationship Criteria for Applicants and Rehabilitation Criteria for Applicants (AB 2138); Repeal Sponsored Event Provisions - Review modified proposed regulatory text and determine to move forward with the regulatory process or take other action as appropriate.
- Future Agenda Items
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on agenda of a future meeting (Government Code section 11125, 11125.7(a)).
CLOSED SESSION (Not open to the public)
Pursuant to subdivision (c) (3) of Government Code section 11126, the Board will meet in closed session to consider proposed disciplinary actions, stipulated settlements, and petitions for modifications/termination of probation and reinstatement.
12:00 p.m. - Adjournment