Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, May 14, 2018
Los Angeles Room
350 Calle Principal
Monterey, CA 93940
12:00 p.m. - Call to Order, Establishment of Quorum
- Public Comment
Public comment will be accepted after each agenda item and toward the end of the agenda for public comment not related to any particular agenda item. The President may set a time limit, as needed.
- February 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes (Approval)
- Examination and Education Program Data (Review/Possible Action)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Pass Rates
- Complaints Received against Education Program Graduates
- Education Programs' Accreditation Statuses
- Draft Continuing Education Regulation Amendments for Circulation (Review/Possible Action)
- AB 2105 (Statutes of 2016), Workforce Developement (Review)
- Legislation of Interest (Review/Possible Action)
- SB 715 (Newman): DCA board; removal of board members
- SB 769 (Hill): Baccalaureate Degree Pilot Program
- SB 1003 (Roth): Respiratory Care
- SB 984 (Skinner): State boards and commissions: representation: women
- SB 1137 (Vidak): Veterans: professional licensing benefits
- SB 1491 (Senate BP&ED): Healing arts: omnibus bill
- AB 710 (Wood): Cannabidiol
- AB 1793 (Bonta): Cannabis Conviction
- AB 2138 (Chiu): Licensing boards: denial of application: criminal conviction
- AB 2409 (Kiley): Professions and vocations: occupational regulations
- AB 2483 (Voepel): Indemnification of public officers & employees: antitrust awards
- Strategic Plan Status (Review/Possible Approval)
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on agenda of a future meeting (Government Code section 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Future Agenda Items
CLOSED SESSION (Not open to the public)
Pursuant to subdivision (c) (3) of Government Code section 11126, the Board will meet in closed session to consider proposed disciplinary actions, stipulated settlements, and petitions for modifications/termination of probation and reinstatement.
4:00 p.m. - Adjournment
The meeting may be cancelled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s website at www.rcb.ca.gov.
Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the President. Meetings of the Respiratory Care Board are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. In addition to the agenda item which addresses public comment, the audience will be given appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. The public may comment on items not on the agenda, but Board members cannot discuss or take action on items not on the agenda. The agenda is available on the Board’s website at www.rcb.ca.gov. This meeting may be canceled or changed without any notice. For verification, please check the Board’s website at www.rcb.ca.gov or call (916) 999-2190.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Paula Velasquez at (916) 999-2190 or sending a written request to: Paula Velasquez, Respiratory Care Board, 3750 Rosin Court, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least nine (9) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.