Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, March 1, 2019
Children's Hospital of Orange County
Wade Center, 2nd Floor
1201 West La Veta Avenue
Orange, CA 92868
9:00 a.m. - Call to Order, Establishment of Quorum
- President's Opening Remarks
- Host Mark Rogers and Children's Hospital of Orange County Appreciation
- New Member Introduction: Ricardo Guzman, MA, RRT, RCP
- Public Comment: Public comment will be accepted after each agenda item and toward the end of the agenda for public comment not related to any particular agenda item. The President may set a time limit, as needed.
- October 26, 2018 Meeting Minutes (Approval)
- Legislation of Interest - Members to review and take formal positions on legislation of interest to the Board such as watch, support or oppose and/or take other action as appropriate.
- AB 193 (Patterson): Identify unnecessary licensing requirements
- AB 241 (Kamalager-Dove): Address implicit bias in the healing arts professions
- AB 476 (BlancaRubio): DCA Taskforce, foreign-trained professionals
- AB 496 (Low): DCA audit reporting, gender terminology
- SB 181 (Chang): Healing arts boards, license display in office
- SB 207 (Hurtado): Medi-Cal, asthma prevention services
- 2020 Legislative Proposal - Review for approval, a proposal to amend section 3758 of the Business and Professions Code to include registries as an entity required to provide mandatory reports.
- Informational Update on Meetings with the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians - Provide update on progress being made between the RCB and BVNPT regarding respiratory tasks performed in sub acute facilities, discuss and take action as appropriate.
- Clinical Education - Review and discuss alternatives to establish minimum standards for clinical education oversight as part of respiratory care education programs, and take possible action.
- Proposed Continuing Education Regulatory Language - Review updated language and comments received to determine the next course of action for further input or beginning the regulatory process.
- Respiratory Care Education: Future direction, Baccalaureate Programs (Discussion Only)
- Proposed Regulatory Language for Approval: Amend Disciplinary Guidelines">Amend Disciplinary Guidelines, Substanial Relationship Criteria (for Licensees), Rehabilitation Criteria (for Licensees), and Handling of Military Applications; Add Substantial Relationship Criteria for Applicants and Rehabilitation Criteria for Applicants (AB 2138); Repeal Sponsored Event Provisions - Review proposed regulatory text and determine to move forward with the regulatory process or take other action as appropriate.
- Cost Recovery History (Judy McKeever) - Review and discuss the history of enforcement-related costs awarded and collected and take any action as appropriate.
- Election of Officers for 2019 (Action)
- Future Agenda Items
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on agenda of a future meeting (Government Code section 11125, 11125.7(a)).
CLOSED SESSION (Not open to the public)
Pursuant to subdivision (c) (3) of Government Code section 11126, the Board will meet in closed session to consider proposed disciplinary actions, stipulated settlements, and petitions for modifications/termination of probation and reinstatement.
12:00 p.m. - Adjournment
The meeting may be cancelled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s website at www.rcb.ca.gov.
Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the President. Meetings of the Respiratory Care Board are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. In addition to the agenda item which addresses public comment, the audience will be given appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. The public may comment on items not on the agenda, but Board members cannot discuss or take action on items not on the agenda. The agenda is available on the Board’s website at www.rcb.ca.gov. This meeting may be canceled or changed without any notice. For verification, please check the Board’s website at www.rcb.ca.gov or call (916) 999-2190.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Paula Velasquez at (916) 999-2190 or sending a written request to: Paula Velasquez, Respiratory Care Board, 3750 Rosin Court, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least nine (9) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.