Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, February 2, 2018
Concorde Career College
12951 Euclid St, Suite 101, Room 220
Garden Grove, CA 92840
9:00 a.m. - Call to Order, Establishment of Quorum
- Public Comment
Public comment will be accepted after each agenda item and toward the end of the agenda for public comment not related to any particular agenda item. The President may set a time limit, as needed.
- October 13, 2017 Meeting Minutes (Approval)
- Presentation Concerning the Activites of the Dept. of Consumer Affairs - Dean R. Grafilo, Director of Dept. of Consumer Affairs
- Respiratory Baccalaureate Degree Pilot Program Presentations
(SB 850, Statutes of 2014)
- Skyline College: Raymond Hernandez, MPH, RRT, NPS, Dean-Science, Math, Technology
- Modesto Jr. College: Alan Roth, MS, MBA, RRT-NPS, FAARC, FCCP
- Proposed Interim Legislative Action Policy (Review/Action)
- Legislation of Interest (Review/Possible Action)
- AB 387 (Thurmond): Minimum wage: health professionals
- SB 715 (Newman): DCA board; removal of board members
- SB 769 (Hill): Baccalaureate Degree Pilot Program
- AB 1793 (Bonta): Cannabis convictions
- 2018 Board Sponsored Proposed Legislation (Review/Approval)
- Proposal to amend Business and Professions Code sections 3751, 3753, and 3753.1 (Reinstatement requirements, exam name clarification, and probation monitoring costs)
- Proposal to amend Business and Professions Code section 3704 and add 3702.5 (Scope of practice)
- Consideration of and Possible Action to Adopt Proposed Regulatory Amendments to Section 1399.395 of Division 13.6 of Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations to Increase Fees (Review/Approval)
- California Cannabis Implementation Update/Impact (Review)
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on agenda of a future meeting (Government Code section 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Future Agenda Items
12:00 p.m. - Adjournment
The meeting will be Webcast provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties. To view the Webcast, please visit https://thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/
Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the President. Meetings of the Respiratory Care Board are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. In addition to the agenda item which addresses public comment, the audience will be given appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Paula Velasquez at (916) 999-2190 or sending a written request to: Paula Velasquez, Respiratory Care Board, 3750 Rosin Court, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least nine (9) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.