Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, October 13, 2017
Department of Consumer Affairs, Headquarters
1625 North Market Blvd, 1st Floor, Hearing Room S102
Sacramento, CA 95834
9:00 a.m. - Call to Order, Establishment of Quorum
- Public Comment
- June 30, 2017 Meeting Minutes (Approval)
- Fiscal Report (Revenue, Expenditure, and Fund Condition Review)
- Enforcement Performance Measures and Statistics (Review)
- Legislation of Interest Update (Review)
- AB 208 (Eggman): Pretrial diversion
- AB 387 (Thurmond): Minimum wage: health professionals
- AB 391 (Chiu): Medi-Cal: asthma preventive services
- AB 654 (Maienschein): Pediatric home health care
- AB 703 (Flora): Professions and vocations: fee waivers
- AB 827 (Rubio): DCA: task force: foreign-trained professionals
- SB 27 (Morrell): Licensees: military service
- SB 227 (Monning): LVN feeding tube services
- SB 572 (Stone): Healing arts licensees: violations; grace period
- SB 715 (Newman): DCA board; removal of board members
- SB 796 (Hill): RCB Sunset Bill/Uniform Standards
Public comment will be accepted after each agenda item and toward the end of the agenda for public comment not related to any particular agenda item. The President may set a time limit, as needed.
- 2018 Board Sponsored Proposed Legislation (Review and Approval)
- 2017-2021 Strategic Plan (Approval)
- Education Objectives: Clinical Education, Baccalaureate Degree, Continuing Education (Discussion, Planning and Possible Action)
- Election of Officers for 2018 (Action)
- Calendar 2018 Meeting Dates (Action)
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on agenda of a future meeting (Government Code section 11125, 11125.7(a)).
CLOSED SESSION (Not open to the public)
The Board will convene into Closed Session, as authorized by Government Code section 11126(c), subdivision (1) and (3), to determine on the following matters and any other matters that may arise after the issuance of this agenda notice.
- Consideration to Approve 2018 Proposed Ethics Courses/Exams (Professional Qualifications Committee)
- American Association for Respiratory Care On-Line Course/Exam
- California Society for Respiratory Care On-Line and Live Forum Courses/Exams
- Consideration of Proposed Stipulated Decision: JOHN PAOLO M. CACHO, RCP
- Future Agenda Items
1:00 p.m. - Adjournment
The meeting will be Webcast until the Strategic Planning Session commences, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties. The Strategic Planning Session will not be webcast.
To view the Webcast, please visit http://thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/
Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the President. Meetings of the Respiratory Care Board are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. In addition to the agenda item which addresses public comment, the audience will be given appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Paula Velasquez at (916) 999-2190 or sending a written request to: Paula Velasquez, Respiratory Care Board, 3750 Rosin Court, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least nine (9) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.