Respiratory Care Board of California

For Applicants


Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)/Social Security Number (SSN):
Please note that effective 1/1/15, the Respiratory Care Board is now accepting individual taxpayer identification numbers (ITINs) for individual applicants that do NOT have SSNs.

Spouse/Legal Union Of Active Military Member Notice:
Pursuant to AB 1904 (statutes of 2012), the Board will expedite the licensure process for an applicant who holds a license in the same profession or vocation in another jurisdiction and is married to, or in a legal union with, an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is assigned to a duty station in California under official active duty military orders. Please be sure to contact the Board if you believe you qualify for the expeditious handling of your application.

Acceptance and Application of Military Experience and Training
The Board may waive the education requirements if an applicant for licensure has completed a minimum of a one-year respiratory care approved program and has practiced care while serving in the U.S. military for a minimum of two years, full-time, within the four years immediately preceding filing of an application for licensure and the military verifies the applicant is in “good standing” as it pertains to his or her past or current employment.